Welcome!

It started with a 30-day raw food experiment. Immediately, I noticed I had more energy, more motivation to exercise, really good sleep, and I became committed to living a more healthy lifestyle. After several months, I also experienced some challenges--digestion issues, low energy at times, food allergies, and a few other things.



Looking back over the last two years, I realize I have evolved. I've learned so much about healthy eating, about new and different ingredients, what works for me and what doesn't. My tastes have changed. The bottom line is that you have to figure out what works for you and that may take some experimentation and some time. It will be worth it in the end to have all of the benefits of improved health!







Sunday, January 10, 2010

Favorite Green (Blue) Smoothie


Thought I'd share one of my favorite morning green smoothie recipes. Smoothies are a great way to get an early dose of greens plus some fruit. If you want to introduce kids to smoothies, you might want to go easy on the amount of greens at first and gradually increase what you think they'll accept. Most mornings, I start my day with a green fruit smoothie, and here's my latest fave.


1 cup frozen blueberries (wild if possible)
Couple handfulls of greens (red kale works well and keeps the color bluish-purplish)
Half a banana or some pineapple chunks
Agave to taste
1-2 cups of water

Whirl all in a blender til smooth. In winter, I warm the water before adding. Drink up enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment